I read a lot. Both for pleasure and for work.
I read articles from business leaders about best practices in Marketing, Social Media, Communications, Customer Service, etc. I listen to podcasts and follow bloggers. I take the time to read, and select the best information to share with our clients.
A recent article on About.com, “25 Marketing Tips That Will Revive Your Small Business Marketing Efforts,” by Laura Lake, had great advice on ways for small businesses to rev up and renew their marketing efforts. The link to the full article follows, but I pulled out the TOP 5 tips to share with you here.
These are the tips that we find to be true and tested with our own clients. It’s good to see that other marketing experts agree. Hope you find some inspiration…
- “Don’t forget the 80/20 rule, 80% of your business will come from 20% of your customers. Are you remarketing to your current or past customers? If not, today could be a good day to start.”
- “Ask for referrals. Referrals can help in growing your business and most people will trust their friends, family and associates over a marketing message or advertisement. Why not ask for referrals.”
- “Are you collecting reviews and ratings on your product? Reviews play a big role with consumers when it comes to decision-making.”
- “Write, write and write some more. Content is becoming a huge component to online marketing. If you aren’t a writer, find someone that is…Write as if you are having a conversation, you aren’t writing a term paper and you want people to read it.”
- “Be consistent. That will be key in your content marketing success.”
Pick any one or more of these items to help you jump-start your small business marketing. If you are doing it by yourself, it can be overwhelming. That’s why we chose these TOP 5 TIPS; they are proven solutions to success.
Need help implementing your marketing plans? We know that you are busy working AT your business. We can help you to work ON your business, to help you grow and develop new leads and new opportunities.
Contact us, and we’ll work together to develop a marketing plan that is customized for your business. It’s time to get started…revive and revitalize your business.
To read more…click below.