Marketing your business with social media offers you so much more than traditional advertising.
Posting and interacting on a regular basis allows you to create a unique persona and develop loyal followers. Post regularly and often, posting is free!
Here are a few tips to get you noticed:
1) Show your personality.
Social media allows you to be more than a listing in the phone book. Promote your office and invite people to “Like” you. Connect with your patients and customers and let them know what makes your office unique. Invite interaction, ask questions, and make sure to reply to comments.
2) Be a reliable source of good information.
Social media gives you a platform to shine as an expert in your field. You can provide answers to frequently asked questions, and offer links to reliable information. Use words, pictures and videos to explain complex concepts in a straightforward, simple manner. Social media is all about sharing, so offer insights and information that patients find valuable and want to share.
3) Stay current: keep updating your site.
Every time you update your website – with special offers, expanded hours, new employees, or a fresh blog post – announce the headline on social media and offer a link to your website for complete information. Once viewers arrive at your website, they will see your complete list of offerings, and have a direct means to contact your office, moving them one step closer to becoming a customer.
Your website benefits from active social media, and your social media benefits from a website that has fresh content.
Direct traffic to your website by encouraging readers “to learn more” “get the full story” or “sign up now!” These links increase your website activity, and because active sites get noticed by search engines, it’s a win-win!
4) If you have something special to offer, show it off!
Share your pictures and videos about your special offerings.
- If you have a new line of designer merchandise, post some pictures.
- If you are using a new technique, post a video of it in action.
- If you are opening a new location, or renovating your current one, share updates of the work in progress to generate excitement.
- Highlight milestones for both the practice and the staff. Celebrate your years in business, longevity of employees, and certifications earned…show that you are an established & thriving entity!
5) Offer timely updates
Social media allows you to make immediate changes with instant posts and timely updates. While we recommend careful planning for your posts, social media is flexible and responsive, allowing you to announce specials and changes in your business as soon as they happen.
Social Media can do many things for your business. Let it serve as your billboard, bullhorn, signpost, documentary, and timeline. Use it to spread your news!