Ready to Write Your Blog…Where do you start?
Have you ever heard about the preacher’s 3-step formula for delivering a memorable sermon?
1. Tell ’em what you are going to tell them.
2. Tell ’em.
3. Tell ’em what you told them.
I don’t know where I heard it, but this saying is something that runs through my head whenever I sit down to write. Now that I’ve shared it with you, it may run through your head as well…kind of like a bad song. Sorry about that!
Successful blog writing follows the same rules. You want to introduce a topic, expound upon it, and then wrap it up. When you write a blog, you are delivering a message that you want to be memorable.
So, let’s put this formula into action.
Essentially, it is the formula for a 5-paragraph essay. Many of us were taught this simple method in 5th grade.
- Paragraph 1: Introduction
- Paragraphs 2, 3 & 4: Body
- Paragraph 5: Summary/Conclusion
That makes it sound like writing is a simple as filling in the blanks, right? It is!
Let’s say you want to write about a new product:
- Introduce the product and three features about why it will meet consumer needs.
- Use a separate paragraph to explain each of the 3 features above.
- Recap how this product’s 3 special features make it a fabulous product that they NEED!
It’s an easy formula…just plug in the details!
There are no strict rules when writing a blog. Make it simple and readable. It doesn’t have to be formal and it shouldn’t be overly long. Deliver your message in an organized, thoughtful way that will resonate with your readers.
Your blog is your chance to share your story…make it memorable!
Need help with your blog writing or any of your marketing needs? Outsource it…let CareLink help!