Ready to create or edit your Facebook Business Page?
Here are a number of things to consider:
1. PROFILE PICTURE: On Facebook visuals get noticed! Use a recognizable picture/logo for your profile picture. If you have a great logo, use it here. If you don’t use a photo of your signage, or a photo of you. The dimensions of this photo should be 180 by 180 pixels square. Your profile picture will appear as a thumbnail next to all of your posts, responses and updates. You want people to recognize it as your practice at a glance.
2. COVER PHOTO: Make sure that your cover photo engages the viewer, and speaks to what you do. This picture is the most prominent image on your page, so you want it to be representative of your practice…and you want it to be high quality. The dimensions for this photo should be 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall. If you have text in your photo, make sure it is easy to read, and doesn’t get lost behind other features.
3. ABOUT: Complete this section and keep it updated! Apart from basic address, email & phone number, this section gives you a chance to say who you are in short, concise manner. Don’t be afraid to brag a bit! You can highlight your accomplishments, your focus and your prowess. A short version of your “about” will be featured on the left side of your page. Make the most of it!
4. START POSTING: Content is the all important factor in making sure that your page gets noticed. You want to post engaging content that will be interesting enough to share. Mix it up! You will want to vary your posts to include informational pieces, personal touches, along with marketing and sales.
5. ASK PEOPLE TO LIKE & SHARE: A good start is your staff & their friends and family. Make sure that everyone who comes into your office knows that you are on Facebook and that they can find valuable information there. A Facebook audience grows as people discover your page, and recommend it to others. It may take time. To boost your visibility you can click on the “Boost Post” button which will allow you to advertise your page on FB and increase your visibility. Facebook ads work with any budget…even $20!
6. BE CONSISTENT: Keep posting regularly. You will figure out what works best for you in terms of timing. Consitent posts with quality content will get you noticed! Facebook provides excellent ways to track your success, and modify for maximum impact.
7. LINK TO YOUR WEBSITE: By linking your Facebook posts to your website, you will not only share your message more effectively, you will also help to raise your website activity. More activity on your website gets you noticed by the search engines!
Setting up your Facebook Business Page is a great first step in getting you noticed online.
If it sounds a little daunting, hand it over to the experts, and let CareLink give you a hand. We’ll work with you & your staff to make sure that your Facebook page delivers an image that gets you noticed. Online resources like Facebook offer you new and exciting ways to share your message. We can help you with your first step, and help you to move forward from there.