The statistics tell the story, more and more patients are looking for healthcare online.
1. Health information searches are the third most popular online activity. First and second are email and web browsing. The most searched topic: Healthcare!
2. 80% of American web users look online for health information.
3. 66% of American web users look online for information when researching a disease or medical problem.
4. 56% of American web users look online for information about a specific medical treatment or procedure. If you are positioned as the authority in the field, you will get noticed.
5. 44% of American web users look online to find more information about doctors or other health professionals. People are ready to make decisions when they are looking for info online. Make sure you provide the info they need to choose and connect with your practice.
6. Each week on Facebook, more than 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared. Facebook users share their experiences, personal and medical.
7. Americans spend three times as much time on social media as on email. Social media needs to be part of your marketing strategy…it’s where your new patients are spending their time.
The statistics are revealing. The time is right to integrate online media and social networking into your marketing efforts.
Source: http://www.healthcarecommunication.com/ author Stephen Moegling