Reputation Management…it’s all the buzz.
Although the terminology is new, the idea is not.
- A good reputation has always been the foundation of a competitive business.
- A good reputation has been a requirement to help your business grow and thrive.
- A good reputation has always been necessary for longevity in business.
So why all the interest NOW?
What’s new is that your business is online. Potential customers are not just getting their information about your business from a few trusted friends and neighbors. They are influenced by reviews from people they don’t even know! Consumers are finding out about your business from online review sites like Yelp, Healthgrades, Facebook, and more.
Consumers have always had choices. But now they can research and compare their options quickly and easily by searching online. A polished and positive online image helps to give you an advantage. If you have a great reputation, show it off!
Step 1: YOUR WEBSITE
It’s your online real estate. Make sure it reflects well on you! Take a quick review of your site to make sure it contains:
- Up-to-date hours & services
- Reliable, relevant information about the services or products you provide.
- Recent positive testimonials & reviews.
- Easy access to your contact information.
- Map of your location.
Step 2: ONLINE LISTINGS
- Check how (and if!) you are listed on Yelp, Google+, Facebook, YP, Trip Advisor, as well as local listings, like City Search.
- Check that the information listed is correct and up to date.
- Ask your customers to post reviews on these popular sites.
- Read the online reviews about your business & quickly respond to any negative comments.
Maintaining a good reputation isn’t a new idea, but managing that reputation online takes some time and effort. Be aware of what is being said about your business, and be a part of the conversation. Keep the conversation moving in a positive direction.
Need help? That’s where we come in. CareLink Communications can help you to stay on top of your online reputation. We help you to accentuate the positive, so that you become the business of choice that everyone is buzzing about.